2022 Special Summer Programs For Grades 7-12
Looking for some enrichment programs for Grade 7 – 12 students during summer? Check out our Science, Finance, Descriptive Writing, and Journalism courses from June to August 2022 now!
Download the 2022 Early Summer Courses brochure in PDF format.
20 Hours of Instruction + 1 Research Paper / Project / Topic Discussion
|Course Type||Period||Day & Time|
|Early Summer Class||6 - 17 Jun 2022||
Mon - Fri
10:00 - 12:00 (D) (B)
12:00 - 14:00 (S)
15:00 - 17:00 (J)
|Intensive A||27 Jun - 8 Jul 2022|
|Intensive B||18 - 29 Jul 2022|
|Intensive C||15 - 26 Aug 2022|
(S) Exploring Physical and Life Science
For Grades 7 – 8
The Science course is designed to cover topics in four of the major science subjects; 1) Chemistry, 2) Biology, 3) Physics, and 4) Earth Science. The topics range across ideas such as pollution, alternative energy, living things, endangered species, space and universe, and the structure of the Earth.
• Enable students to find out about different areas of science
• Learn topics in Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and Earth science
• Topics give a breadth of ideas that are environmentally and the universe around us
• Using various teaching techniques to make topics interactive and work in groups
• Tailored to help engage students from grade 7 to grade 8
(D) Descriptive Writing
For Grades 7 – 10
In this course, students will use various images and photographs to practice writing descriptive essays by applying sensory details, figurative language, evocative diction, and dramatic punctuation. Note: this is not a narrative writing course.
• To develop effective writing skills.
• To apply various language devices and techniques.
• To use a range of vocabulary, sentences, and punctuation.
• To compose a well-structured essay
• Recommended for Grades 7-10 students in ISEB/DSE/MYP/IGCSE who are looking to improve their descriptive writing skills.
For Grades 9 – 12
The Journalism course is designed specifically for students who have a strong grasp of the English Language but little exposure to journalistic writing. The course focuses on structural features and stylistic devices that bring students beyond classroom writing tasks and into the world of online articles, including blogs, vlogs, and other modern forms of journalism.
• To foster critical, creative, and independent thinking skills through exploring the writer’s intentions
• To recognize and apply structural features and stylistic devices used in journalistic writing
• To produce and evaluate writing that is accurate, fair, has clarity, appropriate style, and grammatical correctness
• Recommended for Grades 9-12 students who have a strong grasp of the English Language but little
exposure to journalistic writing.
(B) Financial Literacy: Introduction to Business
For Grades 10 – 12
The Business course is designed to increase the financial literacy of students, prepare them to navigate and manage real-life personal finances, and provide added substance ‘top up’ to IGCSE/AP/IB Economics/Business Studies syllabus. Students will be able to understand and manage savings, debt, basic investments, and build an Excel Spreadsheet for personal finances at the end of the course.
• Increase financial literacy of students
• Prepare students to navigate and manage real-life personal finances
• Designed to provide added substance to GCSE/AP/IB Economics/Business Studies ‘top up’ syllabus [students who do not take those subjects should still be able to comfortably attend and learn from this material]
• Recommended for Students comfortable with basic spreadsheets in Excel/Google spreadsheets [probably require each student to have a device with access to Microsoft Excel or Google spreadsheets][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]