IB English Lit and Lang/Lit IOC Course & Private Lesson
The Edge is running IB English Lit and Lang/Lit Individual Oral Commentary (IOC) Courses & Private Lessons this Winter to provide students a comprehensive way in preparing for their IOC section, which is internally assessed for 15% of the final IB English grade.
- Review basic literary terminology and argument construction skills
- Familiarize with the IOC structure
- Develop a template for creating an outline/speaking notes
- Learn strategies for annotating a passage and constructing an IOC argument
- Teach students to analyze an IOC response and edit the IOC outlines in response to feedback
Private IOC Lessons:
- Individual training and further review on a student’s specific weakness
- Practice how to plan and deliver the IOCs, and give response to question prompts during discussion
- Prepare IOC analysis/outlines for the assigned IOC passages OR an IOC analysis database for the IOC works if no passages are given
IB IOC Course Schedule
Includes 8 Hours of Instruction and 6 Hours of Private Tutoring* – Cost HK$7,500
|Causeway Bay||IOC - A||09/12/2017 - 30/12/2017|
|Mong Kok||IOC - B||09/12/2017 - 30/12/2017|
|Causeway Bay||IOC - C||06/01/2018 - 27/01/2018|
|Mong Kok||IOC - D||06/01/2018 - 27/01/2018|
*Private Tutoring sessions will be scheduled individually after instruction sessions.
Call us at 2972 2555 (Causeway Bay) / 2783 7100 (Mong Kok) for more details!
Check out other IB courses that we offer on our website.
Want to learn more about IOC, which is internally assessed for 15% of the final grade? Come to our Talking to the IB IOC Seminar on Dec 2, 2017!
About The Edge
The Edge Learning Center is Hong Kong’s premier Test Preparation, Academic Tutoring, and Admissions Consulting services provider. Founded in 2008, The Edge has helped thousands of students improve their ACT and SAT scores as well as their IB and AP grades. The AC team has just finished off a very successful year in which 84.62% of their clients were accepted into one of their top 3 schools and an astounding 48.15% of their Ivy Plus* applicants were accepted. (The general acceptance rate was only 7.61% last year) Check out the rest of our 2017 Admissions Results!